Well, I was looking for a comfort food that was easy to make and would utilize the leftover sauce, so I made these. Mikey couldn’t find any high fiber shells, but if they exist, i suppose they might lower the points plus value even further.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp onion
12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
¼ cup Egg Beaters
¼ cup dried bread crumbs
1½ cup(s) fat-free ricotta cheese
1/3 CUP shredded Weight watchers Italian 4 cheese mix
1½ tsp italian seasoning
1. Soften the shells in boiled water until they are al dente (cooked firm but not hard)
2. Meanwhile, mix, ricotta, breadcrumbs, eggbeaters, cheeses, onions, herbs, salt & pepper
3. Strain shells and run cool water over them, so they can easily be handled.
4. Fill shells with cheese stuffing, using a small spoon.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese and herbs over the top and bake at 350 for 20 minute
6. Warm up homemade or jarred sauce (not included in nutritional information for this meal, since that is a matter of preference).
nutritional information for entire recipe