Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 21st, 22nd and 23rd: Thanksgiving Project

I've been crazy busy for a few days, so I'm playing catch up on my Thanksgiving Project. Here we go...


November 21st:


I'm thankful I can drive almost anywhere and not have to worry about finding parking OR having to take the Fn train during weekend construction! I have so much less stress and can accept any meetings when I'm available and even have time to get to the gym because I don't have to worry about the hours spent frustrated by the MTA! I am the boss of my travels!


November 22nd:


I'm thankful for unseasonable warm weather which will has allowed me to continue to run outside well into November!


November 23rd:


I'm thankful for the birth of my OLDER cousin John AKA Gus, who was always like the OLDER brother I never had (to my knowledge...)


Some of my fav Gus Moments:
1. Demolishing our living room and John wrote his auto-biography (I'm sure it was quite extensive at the age of 16) and stuck it in the wall. I'm still dying to know what it said because he refused to tell us.
2. Running around Nana's house like a lunatic with Mike while he calmly read the Sports section of the paper and watched Football.
3. Doing the Nestea Plunge into Nana's pool and singing "Coke is SHIT!"
4. When he stood up for me when I most needed him.
5. Watching him interact with CJ and seeing him as a full-fledged grown-up and awesome dad.
6. Laughing, laughing, laughing...even when we're disagreeing or complaining about something.


I'm so proud of John for following his passion for sports into a career where his opinions and creepy-ass OCD sports knowledge has come in handy, while at the same time actually earning a decent enough living to support his growing family!