Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November Thanksgiving Project 2011

 
This year, I will again do my November, Month of Thanksgiving project (inspired by my Aunt Camille in 2009) .  See my post from last year here: 
November Thanks 2010

So please forgive my dramatics and schmaltziness for the next couple weeks. I have had a mind-blowing year and I suspect that my emotions will get the best of me several days this month. I struggle to be comfortable expressing myself so freely, as I'm not a fan of being this exposed, but I also believe it is very important for me to face those fears. It is the only way I will change and grow. 
That said, here is my Thankful post for November 1st:

Today, I am thankful that I have the ability and drive to fight for myself and what I believe. Some unfortunate things have happened to me in my life and I cannot control that, but I realize that if those events continue to affect me, it's my own fault. I am not a victim. I am a survivor.